Hello DATA Families!
A few important updates.
Our Winter Ball is scheduled for Saturday, December 3rd. All grades are able to attend. Tickets will go on sale Monday, November 14th. Please see the attached flyer and grade-specific letters for times, prices, and other important information.
Middle School dance information:
High School Dance information:
Parent Volunteer Training
You still have time to sign up for the next Parent Volunteer training before next year. Our next training is scheduled for January 11th (Wednesday) from 5:30-7:30 PM, at DATA Charter School.
Please reach out to Shana Klar if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cases of COVID, cold, and flu are gradually increasing as we enter the fall/winter season. We consider this time of year cold and flu season since these respiratory viruses are spread through droplets (spit & mucus). New Mexico fall/winter season brings cooler/dryer air due to less humidity that allows these infected droplets to spread further and stay in the air longer.
Below are suggested guidelines for protecting students from spreading these infected droplets to other members of the DATA community:
- If your student does not feel well, please keep them home.
- If they have mild symptoms, such as a stuffy or runny nose or cough, are not COVID-positive, and feel well enough to be in school, please have them wear a mask to protect those around them.
- If they test positive for COVID, please practice the 5-day isolation protocol. Stay home for 5 days: from the first day of symptoms or 5 days after testing positive if they have no symptoms.
For COVID exposure please use the following guideline:
- If your student HAS THE MOST RECENT BOOSTER, they do not need to isolate unless they are symptomatic or test positive. CDC recommends testing 5 days after the last exposure and continuing to monitor for symptoms for 14 days. If you want them to attend classes, please have them wear a mask to protect other members of the DATA community from possible illness.
- If your student is NOT UP TO DATE WITH THE VACCINES, please isolate at home for 5 days and monitor for symptoms for 9 days after the last exposure.
Healthy practices to improve the immune system and protect yourself from these illnesses include proper hand hygiene, taking walks outside, getting proper rest, and eating fruits and vegetables.
Please reach out to our nurse Ms. Pino with any questions or concerns (email@example.com).
Wishing you all health and wellness!