DATA will follow guidelines that are very similar to all APS schools in terms of COVID safe practices and re-opening of school. We are planning full in-person learning for this school year, however, will adjust policies and procedures as necessary based on NMPED and NMDOH guidelines. Also, if there are mitigating circumstances that prevent your child from attending in person or your student is unable to follow the guidelines below, please email me at to discuss virtual learning options.
We will have JUMPSTART days for each grade level starting next week. Students are required to attend. JUMPSTART hours for each grade level are 9:00-12:00 no lunch or breakfast will be served these days.
Monday August 9th: Seniors
Tuesday August 10th: Juniors
Wednesday August 11th: Sophomores
Thursday August 12th: Freshmen
Friday August 13th: 7th and 8th grade
- All students, employees, and visitors must wear masks while inside our building whether they are vaccinated or not.
- Masks aren’t required outdoors as long as students/staff practice social distancing (though they are recommended for unvaccinated individuals).
- Indoor meetings and gatherings are still allowed as long as attendees wear masks.
For Students, Employees, Visitors
- While students are expected to provide their own masks, spares will be available for students who forget.
- Student refusal to wear a mask will be addressed first as warnings with possible progression to virtual learning. A discipline policy will be developed and must be signed by parents prior to September 1st acknowledging the DATA mask policy.
- Employees who refuse to wear a mask are subject to progressive discipline.
- Visitors who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave our building.
- Social distancing of 3 feet is recommended when possible.
- Students and staff will be encouraged to social distance to the greatest extent possible.
- All students can get free breakfast and lunch at school this year.
Please fill out this form so we can order breakfast and lunch for your student. Food services start August 16th. We are required to track which students are taking advantage of this option.
- Students may bring their own breakfast/lunch if they wish
- Students may remove their masks while eating and drinking. They should social distance as much as they can.
- Students are encouraged to eat outdoors when possible.
- Students will be allowed to drink from water fountains, which will be cleaned frequently. We are currently in the process of installing new water fountains that are designed for refillable water bottles. Please bring a water bottle or suitable container.
Students and staff are encouraged to make it a part of their practice at school and at home to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When hand washing isn’t possible, use hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Consider including travel-size sanitizers in student backpacks.
APS and DATA encourages eligible students, employees, families, and school visitors to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone over the age of 12 is eligible to receive the free vaccine.
COVID Testing, Screening & Quarantining
Surveillance screening and testing will continue to be essential tools to mitigate the virus.
- DATA Staff: 25% of staff who are unvaccinated or who do not wish to be identified as vaccinated will be required to participate in surveillance testing weekly.
- DATA Students: Students may participate in surveillance testing voluntarily
- The link for VAULT surveillance testing is:
- Students and staff who participate in surveillance testing should email results to DATA Human Resources: Kris.firstname.lastname@example.org
- DATA Students: Families will continue to be asked to do a health screening of students before sending them to school. Please don’t send students with COVID-like symptoms to school or if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Does your child currently have a temperature of over 100.4 degrees?
- In the past 24 hours, has your child experienced:
- Sore throat, runny nose, congestion
- New frequent, dry cough (for students with chronic allergies/asthma, a change in baseline cough)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Diarrhea, vomiting
- Loss of taste or smell
- New onset of headache
- Fatigue or muscle or body aches
- Has your child recently been in close contact with anyone who has exhibited any of these symptoms?
- Has your child recently been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
Visitors: Visitors and outside provides will continue to be asked to do a health screening before entering DATA campus. Please don’t enter our building if you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms.
Students and staff may be required to quarantine if they test positive for COVID-19 or were in close contact with someone who tested positive.
DATA will continue to maintain an isolation room for the care of individuals with COVID-like symptoms. Care for all other students will take place in a space separate from the isolation room.