Hello DATA community!
We wanted to let you know about a variety of logistics, resources, protocols, and announcements, much of which has already been sent but we want to remind you of them and have these items in one email for your reference. Attached you will find the following items:
- The yearlong calendar DATA 2021-2022 Calendar.pdf
- The daily schedule DATA Daily Schedule 2021-2022.docx
- A list of supplies for classes DATA Supplies.docx
We want to make you aware of the following resources in the community and at DATA:
- For rental help with your home: https://www.renthelpnm.org/
- DATA has free supplies and backpacks if your child needs them, please reply to this email to let us know you need them.
- Food help: https://www.cabq.gov/family/services/food-and-commodity-assistance
- Please fill out the following attached lunch form and send it back to us via email as soon as you can. It will help is continue having free lunch and breakfast via the National School Lunch Program. Application NSLP- English.pdf
Please be aware of the following:
- Bring a water bottle as we have refilling stations throughout the School!
- Parking Permits will not be needed for the next two to three weeks. We will send out an email and an announcement to students who are driving within that time letting you know about the cost, which is $15, and when they will be needed.
- We use Discord as an educational platform here at DATA. All students sign up for an account that is used only within our school. The teachers have channels for their classes where homework is posted, discussions can be had, announcements are made, etc. Here is the link to join our Dragon Lair, which is our communal space within our DATA server: https://discord.gg/NUeF7MMM If you have questions about Discord, please contact email@example.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any scheduling issues or questions. Schedule changes will be considered based on academic needs and seat availability. If you are requesting a change, please continue to follow your schedule as it appears in Tyler in the meantime.
- Email email@example.com for counseling related concerns.
- Flex time is part of the regular school day and required for students to attend on time. If you think that an exception may apply to you then reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students taking a dual credit course will need to bring their social security number for their college application. They do not need the actual card, but do need to know the number. They also need to know their current mailing address and street/permanent address (not a PO Box) for the application. Please bring this on Monday if possible, or as soon as you can, as teachers will begin the enrollment process right away.
- ALL students, parents, staff, and others are required to wear masks in the building during school times, 7:30 – 3:25. An individual’s vaccination status is not taken into account with this rule. It applies to all people who wish to enter the building. We will be sending a mask policy agreement this week once that information is finalized based on PED/APS requirements to make you aware of what the consequences are for students not being compliant with mask wearing.
- If you are sick, please do not come to school unless you have a negative covid test or are exhibiting non-covid symptoms only (such as only a stuffy nose or sneezing with no fever or cough, etc.)
- Please see the attached communication sent earlier in the week for more specifics around COVID, lunch. etc. DIGITAL ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY RE.docx
Pick up and Drop off:
- The school opens at 7:30 and closes at 3:30 unless previous arrangements have been made. Students are allowed to be outside the building outside of these times. When dropping off your students, please pull as forward as possible and make sure your student has their supplies ready so they can get out of the car quickly, we don’t have a lot of room for cars in the front parking lot, unfortunately.
- When picking up your students, please line up on the street in front of the school or on east side of the school. If you come into the parking lot, please make sure your child is ready to enter your car as you pull up. If you park in a spot in the lot, keep in mind you may have a difficult time pulling out as cars are coming down the lot to pick up.
- We will have staff at the front parking lot in the morning and afternoon to help with this process.
Lunch for seniors:
- Seniors and seniors ONLY can leave during lunch. HOWEVER, this first week of school they will not be allowed to leave for lunch until we have permission from parents to allow them to do so. We will be providing permission slips in senior advisories this week for parents to sign.
Thank you SO MUCH for all you do and we look forward to continuing to work with parents, students, and the community this year. Let us know if you have any questions or needs! 🙂