Here at DATA Charter School, we encourage parents and families to take an active role in their child’s learning. Our school serves students in grades 7 through 12 in the state of New Mexico. We often work with our greater Albuquerque community providing experiential and hands-on learning experiences for our students.
On this page, you will find a number of resources to help you and your family succeed with us here at Digital Arts and Technology Academy. Click the button below:
Sick Day Guidelines for Parents + Guardians
To report a student absence, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsure if your child should stay home? Refer to the Sick Day Guidelines and keep your student at home if they exhibit any of the following symptoms.
If your child becomes ill and doesn’t feel well enough to take part in school, as parents or guardians, you should keep your child home until the symptoms improve. This also can help to prevent the spread of the illness to others at school. These are some of the examples of when your child should be kept home:
- Active vomiting
- Active diarrhea – three or more times in six hours
- The beginning of an airway infection (cold/cough/runny nose). This is especially important for those who are unable to manage their own body fluids.
- Extreme tiredness and/or lack of appetite
- Fever with headache, body aches, earache, sore throat
- Undiagnosed or unknown rash (a rash that has not been seen or treated by a health care provider)
- Any of the above symptoms with fever or chills
- Untreated skin conditions
- When is Sick Too Sick for School?
- If antibiotic treatment is needed, your child should remain home for the first full 24 hours of medication (e.g., if your child has three doses per day ordered, then three doses must be given before the child returns to school)
Community Outreach / Engagement
Digital Arts and Technology Academy provides students with opportunities throughout the year to support our community through:
- Outreach Services
- Volunteering with Non-Profit Organizations
- Community Clean-up (beautifying our environment)
- And more!
If you have a non-profit or an idea where you think our students can continue to grow as investigative learners and creative empaths, please contact our school.
Family involvement is a big part of what makes our school community so wonderful. We provide several opportunities for parents to help support our students on field trips, in the class, providing presentations on their careers, life experiences and more.
Our school also looks for volunteers and chaperones for school events such as dances, performances and other activities. To volunteer/chaperone, please fill out the volunteer form and complete the background check as required. If you have questions about the process to help work in the school or about these opportunities in general, please contact email@example.com.
The NMPED established the Equity Council requirement for all districts and charter schools in the state to ensure that the important work of the Martinez and Yazzie Lawsuit was carried out by the experts at the local level.Our Equity Council at DATA Charter School involves students, staff, parents and community members. If you would like to be a part of this process with our school, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.